The Cunningham Center has a library of leadership and sales development books available for the use of our clients and associates. The library is available on the 3rd floor of the Cunningham Center and is accessible via a checkout system through the receptionist.
The Cunningham Center recommends reading as a way to further develop sales and leadership skills. Recommended reading lists are as follows: Leadership Reading List:
- Army Leadership, FM 22 –
100. HQ, Department of the Army. 1999,
- Army Leadership, FM 6-22.
HQ, Department of the Army. October 2006.
- Badaracco, Joseph L. Leading Quietly:
An Unorthodox Guide to Doing the Right Thing. 2002.
- Bennis, Warren and Robert Thomas.
Leading for a Lifetime: How Defining Moments Shape Leaders of Today and Tomorrow.
- Bennis, Warren. On Becoming a Leader.
Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1989.
- Bennis, Warren. Why Leaders Can’t
Lead: The Unconscious Conspiracy,. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1990.
- Bernstein, Peter. Against the Gods:
The Remarkable Story of Risk.
- Blanchard, Ken. Whale Done! The
Power of Positive Relationships. New York: FREE PRESS, 2002
- Bolt, James. Executive Development.
New York: Harper Business, 1989.
- Boverie, Patricia E. and Kroth, Michael.
Transforming Work. Perseus Publishing. 2001.
- Boyztzis, Richard and McKee, Annie.
- Buckingham, Marcus and Coffman, Curt.
First, Break All the Rules: What the World’s Greatest Managers Do Differently.
New York: Simon & Schuster. 1999.
- Carté, Penny and Fox, Chris. Bridging
the Culture Gap. Philadelphia, PA: Kogan Page USA, 2004.
- Cloud, Dr. Henry. Necessary Endings:
The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order
to Move Forward. New York: Harper-Collins Books. 2010.
- Clow, Julie. The Work Revolution:
Freedom and Excellence for All. New-Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012.
- Conger, Jay. Learning to Lead.
San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1992.
- Covey, Stephen R. The 7 Habits
of Highly Effective People. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1989.
- Covey, Stephen R. The 8th Habit.
New York: Free Press, 2004.
- Covey, Stephen R. First Things
First. New York: Free Press, 2003.
- Crowley, Katherine and Elster, Kathi.
Working with You is Killing Me: Freeing Yourself from Emotional Traps at Work.
Warner Business Books, 2007.
- Davis, Ray. Leading for Growth:
How Umpqua Bank Got Cool and Created a Culture of Greatness. San Francisco:
- Ellis, Lee. Leading Talents, Leading
Teams. Chicago: Northfield Publishing. 2003.
- Friedman, Thomas L. The World is
Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century. Farrar, Strauss, Giroux.
New York, 2005
- Friedman, Thomas L. Hot, Flat,
and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution – and How It Can Renew America.
New York: Farrar, Straus, Giroux, 2008
- Fulmer, Robert M. and Conger, Jay A.
Growing Your Company’s Leaders. New York: AMACOM, 2004.
- Hughes, Patterson, and James. Emotional
Intelligence In Action,. San Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer, 2005
- Galford, Robert and Maruca, Regina Fazio.
Your Leadership Legacy: Why Looking Toward the Future Will Make You Better Today.
- Gladwell, Malcolm. Blink.
New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2005.
- Gladwell, Malcolm. The Tipping
Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference. New York: Black Bay Books,
- Goffee, Robert and Jones, Gareth.
Why Should Anyone Be Led By YOU?: What It Takes to Be an Authentic Leader.
- Halberstam, David. The Best and
the Brightest. 1972
- Heifetz, Ronald A. Leadership Without
the Easy Answers. London, England: The Belknap Press of Harvard University
- Hsieh, Tony. Delivering Happiness:
A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose. New York: Hachette Book Group. 2010.
- Hunter, James C. The World’s Most
Powerful Leadership Principle: How to Become a Servant Leader. New York:
Crown Publishing Group. 2004.
- Kidder, Rushworth M. Moral Courage.
- Kofman, Fred. Conscious Business:
How to Build Values Through Values. Boulder, CO: Sounds Time, 2006.
- Kotter, John P. A Force for Change.
New York: Free Press, 1990.
- Kotter, John P. A Sense of Urgency.
Massachusetts: Harvard Business Press, 2008
- Kotter, John P. Leading Change.
Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press, 1996.
- Krass, Peter. The Book of Leadership
Wisdom. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1998.
- Levit, Alexandra. They Don’t Teach
Corporate in College. Career Press. 2004.
- Levitt, Steven D., Dubner, Stephen J.
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything. Harper
Collins. New York, 2005.
- Lewis, Michael. Moneyball: The
Art of Winning an Unfair Game.
- Lundin, Stephen C. Fish! A Remarkable
Way to Build Morale and Improve Results. New York: Hyperion, 2000.
- Maxwell, John C. and Dornan, Jim.
Becoming a Person of Influence. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. 1997.
- Maxwell, John C. Developing the
Leader Within You. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. 1993.
- Maxwell, John C. The 21 Indispensable
Qualities of a Leader. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. 1999.
- Maxwell, John C. The 360 Degree
Leader: Developing Your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization.
- McGuire, John B. and Rhodes, Gary B.
Transforming Your Leadership Culture. Jossey-Bass. 2009.
- Meister, Jeanne C. and Willyerd, Karie.
The 2020 Workplace: How Innovative Companies Attract, Develop, and Keep Tomorrow’s
Employees Today. New York: HarperCollins. 2010.
- Michelli, Joseph A. The Starbucks
Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary. New York:
McGraw- Hill, 2007.
- Michelli, Joseph A. The Zappos
Experience: 5 Principles to Inspire, Engage, and Wow. McGraw-Hill, 2012.
- Murphy, Mark. Hundred Percenters:
Challenge Your Employees to Give it Their All. McGraw-Hill, 2010.
- Pink, Daniel. A Whole New Mind:
Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future. New York: Penguin Group (USA, Inc.,
(hardcover) 2005, (paperback) 2006.
- Roberto, Michael. Why Great Leaders
Don’t Take Yes for an Answer: Managing for Conflict and Consensus. 2005.
- Shaara, Michael. The Killer Angels.
- Shineseki, Eric K. Be* Know* Do*;
Adapted from the Official Army Leadership Manual: Leadership the Army Way.
Jossey-Bass. San Francisco, 2004.
- Studer, Quint. Hardwiring Excellence.,
Fire Starter Publishing, 2003
- Thayler, Linda Kaplan and Koval, Robin.
The Power of Nice: How to Conquer the Business World with Kindness. Bantam
Doubleday Dell, 2006.
- Useem, Michael, The Leadership
Moment. New York: Three Rivers Press, 1998
- Welch, Jack and Welch, Suzy. Winning.
- Ziglar, Zig. See You at the Top.
Gretna, LA: Pelican Publishing Company. 1995.